Pork with prunes: a proven recipe for tender meat
Many people cook baked meat in large pieces only on holidays, sometimes trying new recipes at their own peril and risk: what if it turns out tough? You will never have to ask this question again if you take a pork neck and pickle it in spices with a couple of spoons of brandy. It’s good that there is a proven recipe for boiled pork with prunes!
Traditionally boiled pork is called only pork of the back, but over time, the name changed to any kind of meat (even to poultry). So the name says, rather, about the method of preparation. Of course, it would be better if you take just the pork neck — it will turn out to be very juicy and soft.
- Pork 1.8 kg
- Garlic 10 tooth.
- Prunes 200 g
- Walnuts 2.5 pcs.
- Cognac 3 tbsp. l
- Mustard 2 tbsp. l
- Honey 2 tbsp. l
- Red pepper 0.5 tsp
- Provencal herbs 1 tsp
- Black pepper (ground) to taste
- Salt 2 tsp.
Pork with prunes: how to cook tender meat in the oven
- Soak the prunes in warm water for half an hour. When it gets wet, stuff each slice with a quarter of a walnut and set it aside.
- Mix Provencal herbs with salt, two kinds of pepper, mustard, honey and cognac. Spice the mixture thoroughly grate the meat.
- Garlic and prunes in the remaining seasonings and stuff them with meat. Tightly pack it in a film with the remains of spicy marinade and prunes. Leave the meat in the refrigerator for at least one night, and preferably for a day.
- Transfer the meat with the marinade to the foil and pack the piece in several layers so that the juice does not leak. Bake the meat for 2 hours at 180 degrees, then open the foil on top and let it brown for 10 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Check the readiness of meat for juice on a slice: it should be transparent.
Recipe for pork in the oven — this is the case when size matters. Try to find a piece whose size is close to 2 kg. Prunes not only add a sweet and sour note to it, but also give a light smoked flavor. And do not be afraid to leave the meat in the marinade for a longer time, it will only benefit him. That’s all the secrets you need to know for making holiday pork.
Click “Like” and get only the best posts on Facebook ↓