Chic meat dish for the New Year's table
Puff pastry not only preserves the juiciness of meat, but also makes it possible to soak in the aroma of prunes and mushrooms. All together makes the dish very festive and solemn. And even the most fastidious gourmets will like it.
- 500 grams of puff pastry
- 100 grams of dried mushrooms
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 20 grams of butter
- 1 gram of thyme
- 1 kilogram of meat
- salt, pepper to taste
Getting Started Cooking
- Put the mushrooms in a bowl, pour boiling water and leave for 1 minute. We wash them under the tap, and then cut into very small pieces.
- Put the chopped onion in a hot pan and fry until golden.
- Peel the garlic, cut into small pieces and add to the onion. put a piece of butter there, mix everything and fry for 1 minute. Then pour the mushrooms, mix and pour in the water (150 ml.). We fry everything over low heat until the liquid evaporates completely, then salt and pepper to taste, add thyme and mix. Cool the finished stuffing.
- We cut the meat into a thin layer, cover with a film and slightly beat off. Top with salt and pepper to taste. On one side we put the prunes and wrap them in a roll, fix the edges with a toothpick. We shift it to a hot pan, fry over high heat until it is rosy. We shift to a plate, remove the toothpicks and leave to cool.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer, put mushrooms in the center, and meat on top. We tightly pinch all the edges of the dough and transfer to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Top with grease with yolk (optional) and make small cuts. We put the billet in the oven, heated to 180 degrees and bake for 35 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 100 degrees and bake the dish for another 20 minutes.
- We take out of the oven, cover with a towel for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Try also cold cuts . You can prepare it for the holiday table according to the recipe from our website.
Click “Like” and get only the best posts on Facebook ↓