Boiled pork liver: an amazing result!
Today I want to tell you how to cook pork liver. It seems to be nothing complicated in this, but, like in many recipes, there are some nuances. To make the liver really tasty, it must first be soaked. Then dip in boiling water and cook over low heat with spices and onions. It is very important not to digest it, otherwise the liver will turn out to be stiff and tasteless.
If everything is done correctly, an amazing result will be obtained. Delicate, tasty liver can be a part of many dishes. They add it to salads, make pastes from it, stuffing for pancakes and pies, stuff eggs, etc. In general, boiled pork liver is a budget but very valuable product that simply needs to be introduced into our diet. So, let’s begin!
- Pork liver — 0.5 kg
- Onions — 1 pcs.
- Bay leaf — 3 pcs.
- Black pepper peas — 3 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Water — 2 L
Boiled pork liver: how to cook
- Wash the liver thoroughly and cut off large vessels. Then put it in a bowl and pour clean cold water for a couple of hours, changing the water from time to time.
- Boil water in a suitable pan. Lay out the liver and bring to a boil again.
- Then reduce the fire and collect the resulting foam. For these purposes, it is best to use a slotted spoon or a small strainer.
- Boil the liver for 10 minutes. Then add bay leaves, peas of black pepper and peeled onion to the pan.
- Cook over low heat for another 20-25 minutes. 5 minutes before cooking, add salt to the pan. At the end of time, check the liver for readiness — for this you need to pierce it with a sharp knife and look at the color of the secreted juice. If it is light — the liver is ready, if it is bloody — increase the cooking time by another 5 minutes. The main thing is not to digest, otherwise the tender offal will turn into “rubber».
That’s all, the soft, tender boiled pork liver is ready. It can be used to create many dishes.
Click “Like” and get only the best posts on Facebook ↓